Friday, June 18, 2010

Take the CIGAR out of cigarette!!!!! Please!




I wanted to take a quick second to make sure you all know exactly where I stand in the tobacco industry! As you have probably already figured out, I am an avid cigar smoker. That is where I leave it....CIGARS; 100% pure and natural...no additives! Way too often, we cigar smokers get lumped together with cigarette smokers and all the other "rif-raf"! Very few true cigar smokers would even consider smoking a cigarette! As if it weren't bad enough just being tied to these sub-par tobacco users we are now being forced out side with them! Smoking bans across the country have spun out of control; now I too would rather eat in a "smoke free restaurant" ,but to outlaw cigars on golf courses, baseball stadiums, horse tracks and even (brace yourself) cigar shops is asinine not to mention un-American!!! Tobacco tax continues to climb ever so steadily to pay for "children's health care" (SCHIP)!

http://www.mgwashington.com/index.php/news/article/child-health-care-bill-relies-on-tobacco-tax-hikes/2357/
(cigar smokers, pay attention to paragraph six)

They are targeting the tobacco industry as a whole and this is wrong; if for no other reason but the fact that if a kid wants to smoke he is not going to go try to buy an $8.00-$15.00 premium cigar...he (or she) is going to go get a pack of cigarettes for the perceived "cool factor". I realize I'm ranting but it's just crazy whats going on in this industry! If you love cigars or at the very least just don't hate them; call your congressman and let them know exactly where you stand on the issue! Regardless of how we feel about these issues, we must keep on enjoying the finer things in life and not let them get to us! I will continue to submit to the authority over me but I will not give up the fight for my right to smoke a big fat maduro if I want to!!!

“IIt's ironic that Congress is ready to spend $25 billion to bail out other industries. We didn't even want a 25-cent bail-out. We just wanted to be left alone,” said Eric Newman, president of the J.C. Newman Cigar Co., president of the Cigar Manufacturers Association of Tampa and chairman of the Cigar Association of America

No comments:

Post a Comment